The Foundation for Filipina Women’s Network (FWN) is the organization for career women of Philippine ancestry. Our passion is to help Filipina women achieve previously unimaginable levels of performance in the public and private sectors. We accomplish this through FWN’s five strategic directions and by nurturing the growth and influence of our members’ businesses and careers, breaking barriers that make it difficult or impossible to succeed.
With members in 34 countries, FWN provides INFLUENCE. KNOWLEDGE. ACCESS.
FWN convenes programs and activities that enhance public perceptions of Filipina women's capacities to lead and to build the Filipina community's pipeline of qualified leaders, to increase the odds that many Filipina women will rise to the president position in the private and public sectors worldwide.
Countries where FWN Awardees live:
Africa, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, People’s Republic of China (Hong Kong), Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Mozambique, The Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Singapore, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates (Dubai and Abu Dhabi), United Kingdom, and the United States of America (23 states)
Why Our Meetings Are Different
FWN provides Filipina women with opportunities to share practical career and business experiences. This focus on actual career and business experiences, rather than theory, from practitioners, corporate managers and leaders, along with peer networking, are the distinguishing features of FWN meetings.
Our Mission: A Filipina Woman Leader In Every Sector Of The Economy
Position Filipina women as economic and social contributors to the global economy.
Our 5 Program Areas
SOCIAL JUSTICE AND CIVIL RIGHTS
Filipina Women Who Could Be President Fellowship
Filipinas in Motion
Boards & Commissions Appointments
Political Education Awareness Training and Voter Registration
FFWN Fellows and Interns
Pinay Speed Femtoring
FWN Salo Salo™
Strategic Alliances with corporate Filipino employee affinity groups in all economic sectors especially organizations with global employee populations.
Filipina Global Leadership Series available at Amazon for both print and Kindle versions: on.ffwn.org/DISRUPT
DISRUPT. Filipina Women: Proud. Loud. Leading Without A Doubt.
DISRUPT 2.0. Filipina Women: Daring to Lead.
DISRUPT 3.0. Filipina Women Rising.
DISRUPT 4.0. Filipina Women: BEING
Filipina Global Leadership Competencies Workshops
On an individual level, your awardee annual contribution will provide .....
- Have many opportunities to "give back" and share your skills, connections and expertise with your peers in the Filipina community
- Help shape the Filipina image
- Develop and practice business and leadership skills that are not utilized in your paid work
- Broaden your professional network and make valuable personal contacts
- Become recognized by your peers and gain visibility in the Filipina women community
- Be a decision-maker and influence the organization’s work
- Access professional development and cutting-edge learning to advance your business or career
- Access to information about job openings and business opportunities
- Access to career, financial and life planning services at discounted fees
- Email updates
- Speaking and publishing opportunities
- Discounts to all FWN events
- Listing in the online Awardee Directory
- Preferential Rates to FWN Professional Development Programs:
- Leadership Development
- Personal Image Program
- Career Services
Your organization will enjoy benefits from your membership, volunteer work, learning, such as:
- The application of your new management and leadership abilities on the job
- Access to Filipina women in other organizations
- The opportunity to test new ideas with other professionals before implementation
Awardee contribution dues are $250 annually renewable every year on anniversary date, and include participation as a FEMtor or FEMtee on FEMtorMatch™. A $8 one-time application fee is assessed during the application process and a $50 late fee is assessed if contribution dues are lapsed 90 days. Membership dues may be tax deductible based on the laws in your country.
Requirements to join FWN:
- Recruit at least one new FWN member a year
- Attend Filipina Summit annually held in the Fall