Exploring the 12 Life Empowerment Areas
... your life issues and options in each of the
12 life areas
Sessions will be led by selected faculty with expertise in the 12 life areas. Professional Tuesdays are scheduled every 4th Tuesday of the month. Topics will be announced 2 weeks before the following monthly dates:
Jan 22 - Life Planning
Feb 14 - V-Day One Billion Rising
Feb 26 - Health and Well-Being
Apr 12 - V-Day The V Monologues: 10th Anniversary
Oct 25-27 - 10th Annual Filipina Summit
FWN's professional development programming (launched in 2002) is based on life and career development theories adapted from the work of Schein, Farren, Hudson and Kare. FWN workshops and seminars are designed around the life areas. We invite speakers who are specialists in these fields to share their expertise with FWN Members.
The 12 Life Empowerment Areas are best appreciated when FWN members take the Life Planning Overview which can provide a practical foundation for professional development. This workshop series can be taken regardless of education, work experience, age or life situation.
Ignite your spirit! Manage your current life issues and explore your options in each of the 12 Life Empowerment Areas for personal and professional empowerment:
1. Community - Participating, volunteering, helping others in our community (youth, schools, public service, politics)
2. Economic Security - Managing personal resources, income, budgeting, savings, investments, insurance
3. Environment/Safety - Caring about your physical surroundings, e.g., recycling, pollution, waste removal
4. Family/Kinship - Caring for life partners, marriages, children, parents, extended family
5. Health & Well-Being - Mental, emotional and physical health, feeling good about yourself and others
6. Home/Shelter - Caring for and improving personal space - home, office, car, desk, etc.
7. Learning - Acquiring and applying new knowledge, skills, and abilities to improve different areas of life
8. Leisure - Diversifying interests and renewing energy through sports, hobbies, entertainment
9. Social Relationships - Getting along with all types of people, nurturing friends, making new acquaintances
10. Spirituality - Exploring the meaning of life through philosophy, religion, humor, the arts, nature
11. Mobility - Ability to move from place to place to take care of your needs as well as your personal and extended families and friends
12. Work/Career - Choosing a field, feeling satisfied, contributing to society, creating balance
Are you going through change? Are you looking to launch a new chapter in your life? Graduation? Job transition? Career plateauing? Reinventing your business or starting a new venture? At a personal level, are you starting a family, divorcing, empty nesting, considering retirement?
Change is a constant in our lives and it can mean many different options. We invite you to a hands-on workshop that will give you the ability and confidence to embark on your personal journey in exploring the rest of your life.
We will examine your values, talents and interests using the 12 Life Areas of Empowerment. We will trace your lifeline to discover patterns and observable motivators in your life. We will engage in understanding the nature of change and how to design endings and new beginnings.
Ignite your spirit @ the FWN Professional Development Tuesday Series!